Monday, February 8, 2010

Yippy-Yi-Yo!

My dad fixed me up on a date once. (Go ahead and read that again - my DAD.)
I was pleasantly surprised, seeing as how the guy was absolutely gorgeous. I bought new clothes for this date - that's how excited I was. So you can imagine my surprise when he showed up at my house dressed as a cowboy. Now I don't mean cheesy cowboy, but real cowboy, as in all he was lacking was a hat, a horse and a sunset. I could have fixed my hair looking in his belt buckle.
Now, I'm not saying I dislike cowboys. In fact, they're dang hot. However, I really reeeaaaaally don't like country music. At least I didn't then. It's not so bad now.
But, you may be thinking that that's a dumb reason to not like a guy. Well, you'd be correct. I wanted to like him, I really did. But I had a hard time, and here's why:
The date went fine. We went to a race on a triple date with both our parents. It was on the way home after the date that things went bad like a cow pie on a hot day.
We were talking about nothing in general - stuff we liked, school, our jobs. He asked how I got my job and I mentioned that my uncle was the one who told me about the opening. So what does he do? Start talking about how he hates it when people get their family members hired with their companies and how he'd much rather EARN his job and blah blah blah. Now I reckon that insulting your date is the wrong thing to do, wouldn't you agree? I may have been told about the job opening, but that was all. I went through the application and interview process and I got the job and I am dang good at it. I was irked because he judged me without knowing my circumstances at all. He then went on to talk about the kind of wife he wanted, sounding even more judgmental, which made things even weirder. That combined with blatant insults just wasn't my idea of a guy I wanted to go out with again. In other words, do it right or get off the horse, buckaroo.

5 comments:

  1. omg! heather i am laughing my butt off right now! that freakin rude cowboy is my brother in law huh??? oh i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I knew you would read it and so I tried to make it sound not that bad, but it was just too funny not to! Just don't tell Ty! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ty read it too and he laughed harder than me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you went on this date. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally was able to get the time to read your new blog. Awesome and sadly funny.

    ReplyDelete